Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I check the status of card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithMGOA

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
CA
I have a system with an 8730 board monitoring with ASA 5.13. The issue is a card that is configure for our fax machines, appears to be dead after a planed shutdown and restart. I know the card number and some of the ports affected. Is there command that I can use to check the status of the card.

hm
well i had the same issue once
try this

list mea ds1 log #cardnumber

He who stand with me shall be my brother

You can run tests on the board (test board xxyzz).

Kevin

Hi

Thanks for both the replies, I was able to run the "test board" command the response came back with “board not inserted”. I guess this means either the card is dead or it popped out of the slot.

Are these boards hot swappable, in other words can I just take the card out and reseat while the system is up and running with out causing any damage to the board or the system

Another command I found that would have worked to test a cards status is the “list configuration board XXXX”, it provides: board type, code, and status of ports

Yes, the port boards are hot-swappable. Some boards, like the IPSI boards, are not. Either someone removed a board that still had translations on it or the board went bad. Do 'list configuration board xxyzz' to see what ports are assigned.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back