Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I change users acounts from

Status
Not open for further replies.

razr

MIS
May 10, 2002
US
How can I change users acounts from password never expires to change at next logon without going into each users account in ADUC on a windows 2000 server. I have 500 + users.

You can edit AD on mass by using CSVDE.EXE and LDIFDE.EXE, the best bet is to export your current AD and then edit the file using notepad, then re-import the file.

But be warned if you get this wrong you will edit all accounts wrongly.

I suggest creating a test OU with a couple of test accounts in and then trying the changes on these acounts.

There is also a bulk AD editing tool out thier called advantage but this would be costly.

Hope this helps you out.

Well that sounds a litte scary.If i set a policy and force 6 character passwords will it take precedence over what the password scheme is now and renew passwords every 60 days? Right now passwords never expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back