Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Can I change the Internet Explorer options 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARELUAD

Programmer
Jan 13, 2003
NL
How Can I change the Browser options with VBScript or JavaScript.
Show me please a example.

Thanks.

A few examples for the simple options. If you're looking to change the Options under "Tools|Internet Options", I would also like to know the answer. So far I've only seen that direct changes to the registry are required.

Set IE = WScript.CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application"")
IE.FullScreen = 1
IE.MenuBar = 1
IE.ToolBar = 1
IE.StatusBar = 1
IE.Width=900
IE.Height = 860
IE.Left = 0
IE.Top = 0
IE.Visible = 1
IE.Navigate "IE.Refresh ' Refresh the page

cheers,
Rod

I want change the options:
Security > Local intranet > Custom level
> Initialize and Avtivex to save;
To "Enable"

Thanks

No chance, this is part of the security model, so you would need to get the user to agree to this change being made and you could not do it from the browser as you would need to alter the registry, so you'd have to download a program to do it.

Why not just test for it and then ask the user to change their settings if required and show them how to. See for some info on the tests etc.

I was browsing to find a way to determine what page opened my page and came across this post (which is what I'm trying to finalize). I know it's a little late, but here's how you do it. Note that Windows will ask the user to either open or save the file. If the user justs opens it, the script will run fine. Else, after saving it, the user will have to run it.
Code:
'+**********************************************************************************
'*
'$  Script - LocalIntranetSettings_Write.vbs
'*
'*  Author:  FancyPrairie
'*
'*  Date:    February 13, 2004
'*
'*  Purpose: This routine will enable the following Local Intranet Settings:
'*           1) 1200 - Run ActiveX Controls and plug-ins
'*           2) 1201 - Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe
'*           3) 1400 - Active Scripting
'*           4) 1405 - Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
'*           5) 1406 - Access data sources across domains
'*
'*           NOTE: The values for the various settings can be found at
'*                 [URL unfurl="true"]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q182/5/69.asp&NoWebContent=1[/URL]
'*
'-**********************************************************************************

Set WshShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\1\1200", "0", "REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\1\1201", "0", "REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\1\1400", "0", "REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\1\1405", "0", "REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\1\1406", "0", "REG_DWORD"

You may wnat to look at this app, it will allow you to change registry settings remotely. I use it it quite a bit.

This is trial ware after the time limit it allows you to change 10 machines at a time.

All of these assume that you are being 'ALLOWED' to change the local users configuration. While this may be acceptable in an INTRANET environment, I would not be impressed if a website tried to change my settings without asking me first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back