Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I change the background colour of buttons in access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

banger

Programmer
Aug 31, 2001
GB
Is there any way I can change the background colour of the atrocious grey buttons in access. I have a module to do it but it is not very successful as I cannot then put bmps on the button it has to text. Thanks in anticipation

Make a label to be as you like it (Colours or bitmap etc..) then turn your command button into transparent, bring it to the front and lay it over the top of your label.

Thanks for that I never gave that a thought. It's the easy ones that escape isn't it?

Trendsetter I have just tried that and it take the picture away as well as the text!!! Any other tips please?

You must be doing something wrong! I use this method regularly with no problem.

Make sure your button is transparent!

Trendsetter,
I just tried it again and if I put the text on the label it's fine as the text come through the button but if I want a picture i.e. an arrow, the arrow disappears when I make the button transparent.?

All of the formatting goes on the label or a bitmap which will be viewed through the command button because it is transparent. it is important that the command button is brought to the front so that it acts normally

Better than the module I use but still not what I am looking for. Thanks anyway I will keep looking.

Why not just some of the "million", free, availaible.etc.,.................etc..............buttons / labels / pics.............instead of the boring Access buttons...........?

William

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back