Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I change passwords for muliple accounts at same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapt

ISP
Oct 31, 2001
US
I just imported 650 accounts into Win2k server active directory using CSVDE utility. Does anyone know what the default password is for imported accounts? Is there a way I can change the passwords all at once to make them all the same?

Not exactly the information you want, but this could help. Have you looked at the addusers.exe that Microsoft supplies with the resource kit? You can insert users into W2K AD with it and assign a default password for all users. I extracted my users for my NT 4.0 domain into a txt file, used the addusers.exe, pointed it to my txt file with all the users names in it, and set the default password for all users. I uploaded 275 users in 5 minutes. Maybe this could help?

Sorry how you add some users in windows 20000?! I test addusers and I can't find it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back