Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can i change my .exe icon? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

baran121

Programmer
Sep 8, 2005
TR
i made my project with vb6.
i have an icon for my exe.i tried to change it,but couldnt do it.How can i do it?
all suggestion will be helpful...

You can change the Icon property of the form(s) and then go into Project--><Your Project> Properties and click on the Make tab. That should enable you to change the Icon for when you compile the .exe.

Hope this helps

HarleyQuinn
---------------------------------
Get the most out of Tek-Tips, read FAQ222-2244 before posting.

thank you,
but all of them with same vb6 icons.
i think i have to change one of form's icons first.
but when i tried it at form properties-->icon,there is an error(invalid picture).
what can i do?

You will have to use an actual .ico file as the icon. If your image isn't in that format there are several programs available on the internet (Google for them) to convert .jpg's, .bmp's etc to valid file formats.

You might also be able to do it with some of the more advances art packages (e.g. Photoshop) but I'm not 100% sure.

Hope this helps

HarleyQuinn

I met the same problem before, here is my thread # (222-1030144). In it there are some links to sites that you can download useful .ico conventions tools.

Hope this helps!

i think you couldnt understand.
i already made an icon with a picture to icon convert program.but i couldnt change form icon

Have you tried using a .ico file that wasn't converted by the program?

HarleyQuinn

no,i converted a picture(.jpeg) to .ico file with a program.i mean now i have a .ico file to use for my .exe program.i tried what you wrote in my vb6 sources(project-->my project properties-->make-->icon),i can choose icons,but there is one icon that all forms used (vb6 default icon).so i tried to change one form's icon with it's properties-->icon part.there is an error(invalid picture).
i dont know what should i do?.thank you for your interest...

I think it might be the .ico file you converted. Try it with a normal .ico file (you can do a search on your C:\ for .ico files) and see if that works for your forms icon. If it does then it's a problem with the files you converted we must assume.

Cheers

HarleyQuinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back