Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can i change all phone numbers to hyperlinks in a word document?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pl2959

MIS
Sep 9, 2003
US
Anyone can tell me the way to change phone numbers to hyperlinks within a word document. I have a lot of phone numbers so I can't change them one by one. Thanks.

Hi,

Changing FROM what TO what?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a group touring the Crest Toothpaste factory got caught in a large cooler, headlines read...
Tooth Company Freeze a Crowd! and
Many are Cold, but Few are Frozen![tongue][/sub]

I have many phone number in a word document. I want to know that I can change all of them to underline hyperlinks. There are many numbers, so I can't change them one by one. Thanks.

Turn on your macro recorder and change one of them.

Post back with your recorded code in Forum707, for help in customizing.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a group touring the Crest Toothpaste factory got caught in a large cooler, headlines read...
Tooth Company Freeze a Crowd! and
Many are Cold, but Few are Frozen![tongue][/sub]

pl2959, your question is too general. Skip asked changed to what? You simply repeated your first post.

What do you mean change to a hyperlink? A hyperlink has an Address. What is the address of a phone number?

However, this does sound like a VBA required question, so yes, perhaps you should ask it (but better phrased) in the VBA forum.

faq219-2884

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Hi, I think you want all your numbers to be underlined? (Underlining is very different from a link which might be the confusing part.) You can Edit & Replace, using wildcards if your phone numbers are all in the same format. On the Replace tab you can type ???-???-???? (or whatever format your phone number is in). Click on the More button. Make sure the Use Wildcards box is selected. Then click on the Format button, and select Font. Select Underline, and you can also change font to blue or whatever you want in there. Click OK, then Replace All.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back