Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I break pics into several parts and load it in my website ??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

e1k4l3cs

MIS
Nov 11, 2002
SG
How can I break pics into several parts and load it in my website as ID attribute of the <div> tag ???

Kelvin

Surely there is someone out there who knows how right ??? Please help... Btw, will using the <div> tag to break up the pictures benifit my website in a way or 2 ??? Like faster d/l time etc...

Thanks...

Kelvin

Use Photoshop or Fireworks to slice up your images with the &quot;SLICE TOOL&quot;..F1 in either program and look up slice tool, will tell you how to use it..

The div tag is use to seperate content inside a cell..Don't think it will help on the download times of your image..
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Hmm... Then what is the actual usse of slicing up the picture ???

Kelvin

Slicing up the image will help the download of a large graphic somewhat because you are turning it into a bunch of smaller ones..So instead of having to download say a 100k image, you could slice it up into 10 10k images, for sake of argument..USers systems will download 10k images alot faster than a 100k image..Your question however was would the <div> tag help break up your pictures and assure a better download time, the answer is no..

Slicing the image will..As I sad above the <div> tag is just that, it divides content inside a cell, or should i say it divides the cell evenly in half..Then content can be added to either side of the division..
logo.gif

That means having smaller pics will speed up uploading time right ??? As long as speed up upload time for the users its a great benefit to me... Thanks againvirt2002...

Kelvin

Um..................

It's download time, download..
logo.gif

lolx... ok...

That means having smaller pics will speed up downloading time right ??? As long as speed up upload time for the users its a great benefit to me... Thanks againvirt2002...

Kelvin

Whatever you say dude..

Uploading, downloading, whats the difference right!

logo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back