Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I Automate Quries to pull username and email address? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2003
US
I would like to be able to querie my exchange 5.5 servers running NT 4 to pull selected fields (Name, Email , etc). I know through exchange Administrator I can manually do this but I would like to automate it.

Thanks in advance for an advice!

Christopher

I can not give you exact direction, but I would start looking at LDAP tools.

GUPEL is correct. I'm not experienced in this either so I'm not being very helpful, but I know it's done via LDAP.

Regards
jpaf

Hi Piper,

I know this may not help but I have used a third party tool called Crystal Reports to do the task you mentioned.

You can also look into any major database query tools.

Hope this helps.

Steel.

Try using the Directory export built into exchange. You will need to create a csv file with the correct headers to use during the export. All your info will be available to use for your queries.

Try these headers in a csv file.
Coffee

Headers for dir. exports.

Obj-Class,Delivery-Mechanism,Directory Name,Admin
Note,First Name,Last Name,Display Name,Alias Name,Allow
rich text,AutoReply,AutoReply-Message,Can send on behalf
of,Deliv-Ext-Cont-Types,Department,E-mail
Addresses,Secondary-Proxy-Addresses,Fax number,Hide from
AB,Home-Server,Alternate Recipient,Members,Mobile
number,Notes,Obj-Container,Obj-Dist-Name,Obj-
Users,Office,Outgoing message size limit,Pager number,Phone
number,Primary Windows NT Account,Security-
Protocol,Title,Trust level,Use IS defaults

AgentM:

Import these into a Excel for instance, using the comma as the separator. These should all appear individually across the top line. Save as a csv file.

In exchange admin. go to Tools, Directory Export, then select the file you just created with the headers as the Export file, choose the other export options you desire and Exchange will know to use the named headers as its reference to build your export directory file. (Note: these are the exact header names that Exchange understands, you could add more if you know exactly what they are).

Hope this helps.

Coffee

From where did you get the header information?
I want information from the Custom Attribute fields too, is that possible thru directory export.

I was trying to use LDAP to get the mailbox information, but haven't had any luck.
Using the directory export was very helpful.
Thank you very much Coffee.

You bet! Go to Exchange admin/recipients container/View/ Columns.

This will provide you a total listing of available columns. You may need to fool around with these "headers" in a csv to determine all the ones you have information in. Correct spelling hyphens and spaces are necessary.

Note: be carefull when using a CSV file for directory Import as any changes you make will happen. That is why you may want to play with this type of file before using it to make changes to your Priv database.

Have fun with it.

Coffee

Once again Coffee, thank you very much.

Do you know how to get the same info using LDAP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back