Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I automate a Word Mail Merge from Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svillari

Programmer
Apr 24, 2003
US
I'm trying to get Access to invoke a word mail merge. Can anyone be of assistance. I coded a Word button to, on Click, execute a mail merge and email with:

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToEmail
.Execute
End With
End Sub
‘*************************************
'I saved this document with a data source and linked a few fields including email address
‘*************************************

I would like now for access to invoke this code, but haven't found much on the subject. Any help would be appreciated.

Is this all your code? Where do you open Word and create a new document or open an existing one?

Leslie
landrews@metrocourt.state.nm.us

There are 10 types of people in the world -
those who understand binary
and
those who don't!

You may also want to search the Microsoft: Access Modules (VBA coding) forum for mail merge.

Leslie

and
those who don't!

You must have figured out by now that I'm looking for code to open an existing document and then invoke the mail merge. I'll keep checking to see if I find anything, but I haven't found anything yet, including in Microsoft: Access Modules (VBA coding) forum. All help is appreciated!

Best Regards

So I searched the Access forum for Word Document and found:

Thread705-254747
Thread705-225792

and

FAQ705-1971

That all deal with open Word from access, manipulating the document, doing mail merge and other information you may find helpful

Leslie

and
those who don't!

Thanks I found a solution in the first thread you posted.

Thanks again!

It is said, that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. However, I believe computer folks strive to make things better and faster.

My mail merge with Access and Word works fine. In word, though, I use templates vice documents. Is this just personal preference or is there significant performance other difference issues if documents were used.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back