Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I allow write permissions in shared folder in vmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puertas12

Programmer
Oct 12, 2019
DE
I added a shared folder in my virtual machine running Windows 10. However I cannot save files in the shared folder from software like Word. I guess is a permissions rights problem because the message "There has been a network or file permission error. The network connection may be lost" is displayed if I try to save the word file.

I went to the shared folder in Windows and it has the Attribute "Read-only". I already unselected it and applied the changes. However it gets selected again automatically. I also double checked if the Host Path is correct.

Does anyone have had this issue and knows how to solve it? I attached the picture with the shared folder configuration.
pzfdj_cviye2.png

I updated VMware player to the latter version, installed the VMWare Tools and it worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back