Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I allow cfxa? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calitech

Technical User
Jun 22, 2004
US
I have set a phone to CFXA but when an outside caller hits the DN 2200 it forwards them to Auto Atendant. It seems to work if an internal caller calls 2200 it then forwards to the external number. CFXA is allowed and the key is programed Key 4 CFW 16

Set CFXA in the CLS of the set and check the length of the CFW

also in your customer data block check under RDR_DATA for CFO. You will probably

need to change this to CFF. This allows the set itself to control the external forward no

answer.

Colin

that is a very common problem, look at that targ of the inbound and outboud routes, that can block the call. if the ncos on the inbound call is not =to or greater then the frl in in outboud rlb, that can block.. you may just need to change targ on on route and forward to the acod + the number, that bypasses the rlb

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

hi, my question is: i can forward my receiving calls of a PRI route (ACOD 9, DID) to ACOD 8 (COT route); but cannot be forwarded to ACOD 9 (PRI route). that means cfw 8+505 works, but not for cfw 9+505... How can i solve it? Thanks.

PRI-Route 1, IAO, ACOD 9, DID
CO-Route 2, IAO, ACOD 8, EXUT

the switch has a problem with a call be forwarded to the same same route it just came in on... loops can created causing outages.. a switch sends me 4940, i in turn send it back to the same switch, that switch sends it back until all trunks in that route are full... to bypass that use the acod for 9 instead of the 9, acod is found in ld 21 prt rdb, or make a call from a display phone 9+, put it on hold, then pick it up, the acod will be in your display, anong with the trunk member

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I tried to use ACOD (7100) instead of 9, but seems not work either... i learned from my teleco, for their call billing purpose on PRI DID, they capature caller id from our system, if the call made from our system, they received the caller's DID number (=DN), if the DN is in our DID number range, it connectted. But, if we forward an external incoming call to external, i saw from termial that: a external number dials my fwd number. Maybe that's the reason we fail. Please commnet. Thanks.

that should not stop the call, the did of the forwarded phone should follow, mon the d channel during low traffic to see if it's a network problem (failed call attemp) on the d or is the switch blocking it int

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I tried serval times, can sure the PRI link status is ok. Once an external call being forward to external, the call drops. Actually, it happens so fast that i cannot perform a trace. But when an internal call dials the DN and be forwarded outside, system works. Thanks.

what i was thinking was have the d channel mon on and try the call to see if it ever request connect to the co. i still believe the problem is internal..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Was there a solution to this problem, because i am having the exact problem with an option 11r. Will not call foward externally when calling an internal fowarded dn from an external number. Will only call foward externally from an internal number.

that problem is caused by another set of params, usually one of two things, either the targ on the routes match, or the inbound route has an ncos that will not allow the call. if you need more detailed help, let me know

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

All post are right for fix this problem.
Also you can check the setting for trunk to trunk connections and if the phone has restricted or no this feature.
LD 15
REQ CHG
TYPE NET
CUST XX
ISDN YES
DITI YES
TRNK YES
EXTT YES
FTOP (FRES) FTT inactive (default)
TBFT
FTTB OR
FTLY