Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can I allow another user to use IE from their own desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirleyowl

Technical User
Jul 27, 2001
GB
Please can you help I would like to have one of my other users access to IE from their own desktop but cannot remember how to give them this access.
[ponder]
regards

Shirl[flowerface]ey Learn something new every day.

Shirley,

If you mean you would like them to access the internet on your machine, from another user's machine, then you need to enable ICS, or Internet Connection Sharing on the Internet device. (Ethernet card for example, housing a cable modem)

I am assuming you are part of a network. Make sure that the two desktops can speak to each other, and share files etc....then goto the Network Connections area, and right click on the Internet connection you wish to share. Click on the far right tab (cant remember the names....im on a 98 PC atm) and click on Enable Internet Sharing.

Et viola!

Hope this helps you

Have a nice day

CBradshaw

Ah no I just have 3 users on one machine, the children have their own space, one has access to IE from their own but one doesnt and I cannot remember how to set it up. At the moment she uses my desktop but I would like her to have the access from her own. Did I misuse desktop maybe I should have said screen ?
Please advise cos at the moment when I try to do it I get the internet set up screen and I dont actually need that do I????
thanks
Shirl[flowerface]ey
[sunshine]
Learn something new every day.

Yes you do! when it comes on just set up all the details exactly the same as on your own IE and then it will work fine.

Ok thank you will try it .
Shirl[flowerface]ey
[sunshine]
Learn something new every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back