Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I add a column to report from another query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brook

Programmer
Mar 5, 1999
US
I have imported dBASE tables into Access. I need to create a report that uses inventory data from 2 different tables, Beginning Inventory and Ending Inventory. I cannot successfully combine either on a query or report, both the beginning inventory column(which is a calculated field adding 4 types of inventory) and the ending inventory columns(also calculated). If the beginning inventory info appears on the report, then the ending inventory column shows up as 0. How can I marry the 2 queries on 1 report?

Brook,<br>
Have do the two queries have a common identifyer, item#, or invtory type, etc? If they do create a third query joining the first two by the common identifyer. I would thins that they would have something in common if you are wanting to list beginning and ending inventories in a column format. If not try using a subform in the report for the second column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back