Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I accomplish this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yer sure this is possible mate. All you have to do is create two frames, you've got both the pictures all you have to do is to create some hotspots. Piece of *iss.

Hi all!

Don't think that you need frames. Just roll-over and hotspot.

Good Luck!

I believe both of the answers posted so far are correct. 19 is referring to frames within Fireworks (NOT HTML FRAMES--COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AND NOT NECESSARY), which are used in the creation of the Rollovers Eugene is referring to.

Here is a step by step breakdown of what you would need to do in Fireworks

Step1: The initial image (non blurry photo) should be placed in Frame 1 of the Fireworks Document.

Step2: The image to appear on MouseOver (blurry photo)should be created and placed in Frame 2 so that it matches up with image in frame 1 (Same spot). If you don't know how to add frames it is in the Frames Pallete(Window>Frames Pallete>Add Frames).

Step3: Use the Slice tool (green) to create a slice around the entire photo area. The slice tool is contained in the web layer and is independent of frames (do not concern yourself which frame you are drawing the slice in).

Step3: The Hotspot tool (blue) should be used to draw the area in which you wish to create the rollover. The area around the figure in the black shirt. This is independant of frames as well.

Step 5: Select the Hotspot around the figure. Open the Behaviors Pallete (Window>Behaviors) click on the plus sign and select Swap Image. This will bring up a window allowing you to swap images. Select the slice you have created for the entire photo in the gray and blue diagram and select Frame 2 in the Select Frame section.

This should do the trick. Let me know if this is unclear or if you need extra help on this. I could take a look at your png if you run into trouble.

The thing is though....I want each guy to have a rollover effect like the one in the example. So I need 4 hotspots with the other guys blurring out.

scooterscott,
You should be able to do this fine, simply by creating a frame for each image change.
The initial nonblurry frame and a frame for each guy.
Next Draw the hotspots around each figure .
Add Behaviors to each hotspot choosing the appropriate frame to swap for each figure.
That should do it. Let me know if this is unclear.
Good Luck,
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back