Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can I accomplish this? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
accomplish what? the blur effect?
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

Looks like a simple rollover function to use with a Buton symbol. But i assume the load time will great.

Hope this helps.

oh sorry...didn't see the text the first time...would use photoshop to make a blurred pic for each individual person...then like manny says you would have to create a button for each member of the band(i assume)...and on roll over of that button either have the pic in the button or have the button call the pic...but also like manny said it will be a size killer because you cannot use the same pic twice...each button will have it's own pic...unless you load the pics externally using the loadmovie command...doing it that way would be suffice i assume...as far as the actual buttons just place invisible buttons over each member of the band...
e.gif

Somethin' like this perhaps?

Give this some time to load... It has no preloader, and loading is complete only when the gray mask appears around the photograph.
As Carl suggested this could be a killer... It's already 250kb and there's only action on one band member.
To cut down on size, maybe the original photo should be out of focus (with maybe a clear band name title), and as you would rollover each band member, only that member would come into focus, thus cutting down on the size of the needed focused picture overlay. Maybe also use something else than 100% jpegs quality as I have done here.

I've done this pretty fast grabbing your pictures, and haven't really aligned the pictures to perfection(they're some shifts), it could be much better!
Note also that rollout uses reverse play of the blur mc.
mywink.gif
ldnewbie
Hope that this
was helpful!

nice..still working on my compII homework wishing i had time for pop up's..
e.gif

Hey thanks that really looks good, and brings new life to the project.

Scott

hey oldnewbie, Im a still a newbie. Could you explain how you did that mouseover.

E-mail on it's way!
mywink.gif
ldnewbie
Hope that this
was helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back