Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can email reach external domain.com.br

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo2k

Technical User
Dec 19, 2002
US
When trying to sent an email to example@domain.com.br i get a bounch back reporting the following:

Reporting-MTA: dns; qmta10.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net [76.96.30.17]
Received-From-MTA: dns; omta16.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net [76.96.30.72]
Arrival-Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:42:21 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; example@domain.com.br
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 <qmta10.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net[76.96.30.17]>: Client host rejected: No direct delivery allowed from ADSL Networks. Please use your ISP to send e-mail/Nao permitimos entrega direta a partir de redes de ADSL. Por favor, utilize o servidor SMTP de seu provedor
Last-attempt-Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:42:22 +0000

Any thoughts how to get thru?

Thanks,

Theo

If you're using a dynamically assigned IP address for your publicly facing presence, you're going to have problems like this. As mentioned in the NDR, check with your ISP and see if you can use their SMTP servers as smart hosts.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

You can use your ISP's SMTP server as a smart relay. Ask your ISP how to set that up.

The idea is that your dynamic, but if your ISP accepts it and relays for you as a credible source your mail will be accepted by others.

It also takes a little load off your server as well.

It doesn't really take any load off the server. The server still has to deliver it to a server outside of your org. Whether that's the final destination or a smart host doesn't really matter. The only difference is a quick DNS query.

Using a smart host does complicate troubleshooting a little as you can only verify delivery to the smart host and not the final destination. But if you're using a dynamic IP, it's really your only choice. You should look at getting a static IP. That will really cut down on potential problems, including Outlook Web Access, Exchange ActiveSync, etc.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Thank you again for the great advice. I called my ISP and they had me change the smtp server but now i get (Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified) any thoughts?

Regards,

Theo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back