Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can add another server...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahmelion

MIS
Jan 3, 2001
US
The current exchange server that we have on our network is realy slow..so we just bought a new server and would to convert this new on into an exchange server...We do use tape back up to back up all of our servers...I just want to know is there an easy way I can build this server and disconnect the old one without losing anything?

Also during the install of exchange server 5.5 it gives you the option to join an existing mail server, can i choose this option and then use a recent back up to restore the mail accounts onto the new server, change the name of new server back to the old one, disconnect the old one and try to see what happens...

You could set up another server as part of the same site. Look up some technet articles on load balancing in Exchange and "duplicate" Exchange servers within the same site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back