Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can a down trunk setoff alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingworks101

Programmer
Aug 14, 2008
US
just setup alarmtraq software to monitor our system. can get major and minor alarms to work but we are looking to get a down ds1 (warning) to send something out, so we can see if our t-1 stops working. does anybody know how to change this in cm?

my thought is to have cm dial out for warnings? or change the warning to a minor?

(by the its a 8300 with g350 rel 5)

There are devices that go in between the T1 and the CSU that willmonitor the T and send alarms via snmp or dial out if needed.

the set options are only ava. to avaya's login? right? they charge a fee for making that change I think.

I was actually able to get this working on the Media Gateway level with a G450.
The Admin doc for G450 runs you through the commands.
Something along the lines of "snmp-server host" followed by the parameters you wish to set.
We confirmed with Avaya that changing the Set Options parameters invokes a recurring monthly charge-thanks Avaya!
Again!
I don't know what you would do in the S8500 or S8700 world.
I guess the 3rd party stuff other folks are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back