Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can a color negative be scanned into photoshop? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddpete

MIS
Oct 9, 2003
US
My first attempt, the negatives are orange in color. Reversing gives a mostly blue color. Is it possible to get the real colors?

you might want to provide more details as to the equipment/process you are utilizing.

i write from experience, which may not be the best...

i've scanned ~1,600 color slides using nikon ls9000 and adobe cs ps. most color correction was done at time of scan and not using adobe software. so, i'm not that familiar/skilled with adobe ps software and its capabilities.

hope this helps.
good luck!
-pmover

Scanning software sometimes comes with a facility to correct this problem. If yours doesn't, try the following link for one solution:

You can probably replace the first few steps in the "Levels" dialog box by simply clicking Auto Levels (it's almost the same thing as clipping the individual channels), although doing it manually is more accurate.

And simply make sure your settings are for a colour negative scan!

Thanks! I didn't know these settings were in the scanner software, and the PS technique looks most useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back