Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How big can a 0X32 sysyetm go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisdero

MIS
Dec 14, 2002
US
Hello,
I have a 0X36 system. In the system I have 2 cards for my PRI/BRI and one 6 port fiber card and 6 station modules. Beside my fiber card I have a free slot, can I put in a second 6 port fiber card? Also how many m0X16 station moduls can the 0X32 take?
Thanks

Yes you can add another 6 port fiber cartridge that will give you up to four more station modules (the last two are reserved for the companion phones) or by moving some of your station modules onto the second fiber cartridge and then add trunk ports(if you need trunks) on one of the ports on the first fiber cartridge.

End result is that a full blown 0X32 MICS (XC Software) can support (not counting the companion phones) up to 10 fiber modules whether they are 12X0 trunk modules or 0X16 station modules (two 0X8 analog station modules will connect (daisy chain) to a single fiber port)

with the software most people get you can only use the first 6 fiber ports.

Hope this answers your questions. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I have heard that in 6.0xc you can use the 2 companion ports for other uses as well as the addition of a 3rd T-1/PRI. I know you can add the 3rd T-1, hoever, I have not seen the 2 companion ports in use yet... Just my two cents worth.

I sell MICS 6.0 and XC6.0. the two ports reserved for companion are still there. you can not use it for anything as of yet. It is true that you can put a 3rd T1 card in the expansion slot, but it will take a whole 12x0 up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back