Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How best to fax from Crystal Reports? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnk

MIS
Jun 3, 1999
US
I need to be able to send a fax from the Crystal preview screen. XP and Crystal 8.5 now but am willing to buy current Crystal. Workstation has a fax modem.

1. Do I need 3rd party fax package?
2. Can user be prompted for fax phone number?
3. Can fax phone number be picked from the report content?

John Kisner

Many faxmodems came with a print driver that you can use to "print" to.

1. Do I need 3rd party fax package?
Possibly.

2. Can user be prompted for fax phone number?
Yes

3. Can fax phone number be picked from the report content?
Not from within Crystal, possibly a 3rd party product would suit you:

Check out: Crystal Reports Distributor 3.0

Also try contacting Ido at
-k

Do you need to automate the process or are you aiming for an interactive process. It's not clear because you ask about being prompted but then you ask about automatically grabbing the fax number from the report content. Both are possible but each would be best achieved using different tools.

- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

This application has a single customer quote appearing as a Crystal preview. It needs to be viewed on the screen by the user for correctness before faxing to the customer. So some interaction is required. If I could provide for the fax phone number to be automatically obtained from the document content that would be great. But requiring the user to search a directory or key the phone number would work also.

John Kisner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back