Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How backup and move the mailboxes to the same server

Status
Not open for further replies.

technotips

Technical User
Jan 6, 2003
US
hi,
i want to format my 2000 adv server and install SBS server , can any one help me how to backup the mailboxes and
and move them back to the SBS server after i install,
i have some public folders also, how can i backup,
i read something about exmerge, will it work if i make PST files and then import those PST files bcoz i have only 15 users,thank you in advance,

Yes Exmerge will allow you to export the users mailbox to pst files. You just have to make sure theat you are logged in as a users that has send as and receive as permissions to the mailboxes.

As far as taking your public folders the only way I can think is toe bring another server into the domain and replicate them to the server then reformat then replicate back.

you can make a pst with in outlook. (as exchange admin)

can i use exmerge to backup public folder, bcoz i dont have an option of adding an additional server to the domain,
help me out thank you,

The only other thing I can think of but dont know if it will work is to back up your pub1.edb restore to the new server and try to mount it - very risky though

not risky at all, as long as if this box is a dc, it isnt your only dc, Do a complete exchange backup (pub/priv) format the box, re-install windows, use same server name, exchange site name etc then restore that backup to the server. there could be some kinks and bumps in the road, but nothing an eventlog error and a visit to MS support cant help you through. 01110000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back