Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How are you guys dealing with Internet users??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2002
GB
Hi

We have VPN but to be honest its a pain, I beleave you can get Exchange to allow HTTP access (maybe via IIS) when users just connect to the internet, so like Hotmail really, but viewing there Exchange mailbox.
Anybody using this?? I am really just looking for any information so I can look at getting this put in place.

Any help would be great.

Simon

Yes, there is something like hotmail for exhange, this is OWA or Outlook Web Access.
It can be installed through the setup of Exchange, it works with IIS.

Im having problems with this also. The settinga are controlled via IIS, Im not sure where they are with there....????

'A world without donuts is like a donut without a hole.......wait that would mean more donut! I'm a Genius' Homer Simpson

Rathcoffey, you have problems with this also?
Can you be more specific about your problems?
What can you do and what cannot be done?

OK

Thanks for the information Gruttepier, yep I have installed the extra program. IIS is running and all looks good.

Trouble is I can't find any information on how to get this working from here, if I do a http:\\<internal IP> I get the standard Page under constrction, what else do I have to do? Do I need to configure something in Exchange to fire this into life.

Simon

When any user trys to log in, an error appears &quot;Internal Error. Failed to create MAPI.session&quot;

As I have only started in this company recently, Im not sure whether the service was disabled or not.......

Im lost??!!??

Rathcoffey 'A world without donuts is like a donut without a hole.......wait that would mean more donut! I'm a Genius' Homer Simpson

OK tried that get this error, so that don't look good

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the 192.168.101.101 home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01A8)
Object required: 'Application(...)'
/exchange/USA/logon.asp, line 12

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)

Page:
GET /exchange/USA/logon.asp

Time:
23 August 2002, 11:21:22

More information:
Microsoft Support

Nope, I see in the error it has said Mozilla, but I am using IE6, not Mozilla

Simon

Very strange,

have you reinstalled the OWA component on this server, and have you applied all sp's?

It did work but was disabled I have just learned........

'A world without donuts is like a donut without a hole.......wait that would mean more donut! I'm a Genius' Homer Simpson

Hi

Thanks Gruttepier, I uninstalled it, put it back on with Exchange SP4 and away it goes, thanks very much for your help

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back