Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How are Relationships used at Runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsonaa

Technical User
Jan 3, 2002
GB
Hi,
I would appreciate if someone could let me know how Access uses table relationships during runtime. I created my table relationships which where helpful during query creation and for documenting the application. If I then delete all the relationships from the relationship screen (keeping the query relationships intact as part of the existing queries) it doesn't seem to make a button of difference.

Thanks AWilson

Relationships are used during runtime to enforce rules, such as having a master record before detail records are added, or whether to permit updates in the master table and whether to cascade them through to the details etc.

John

"Deleting" the tables from the Relationships screen does NOT delete the relationships. You should first delete the relationship LINES, then delete the TABLES to permanently remope them.

Barborne
Worcester
UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back