Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how about any way to get into the bios in windows 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny45

Technical User
Apr 9, 2007
US
I want to tell it to boot to a disk to install XP-Pro and cant find a way into the Bios setup to tell it to boot to disk tryed dllete key during reboot and several f keys and nothing has worked so far can anyone help me figure out what iss going on here and get into the Bios setup kenny45_67333@hotmail.com thanks!!!

it is a compaq laptop and in actuallity it is my sons and he lives in Denver and I am trying to help him by phone from Mesquite Nevada

I WISH I KNEW AND iLL HAVE TO WAIT TILL HE IS OFF WORK TONIGHT TO FIND OUT WHICH MODEL IT IS. MAN IM GLAD TO HAVE SOME HELP ON THIS IVE BEEN PRETTY FLUSTERED WITH IT NEVER RUN INTO THIS PROBLEM BEFOR THANKS !!!!

ANY HELP AT ALL PLEASE HELP KENNY

As I said in the other thread you posted here: thread616-1362344
We need to know the model. without it there is not much we can suggest.

However I can tell you, that my Compaq Presario Laptop uses F2 to get into BIOS, and ESC key to change boot order. Try using the Escape key at the Compaq logo and see if it does anything.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Most computers I use show a message at startup indicating the key combination to enter the bios (enter SETUP).

Cheers,
Dian

I want to update the bios on a Dell Latitude C600/C500 PP01L. I get to the Boot menu but when I select the CD/DVD and hit enter nothing happens. It's like the enter key doesn't work. I got a new battery for this dell and they sent me a Bios disk and said I had to install it. The battery is somewhat of an upgrade.
I'm trying to restore this computer for my friend's daughter so I have no idea of its problems.

Please help me someone.

Chaosmatic - you should have started your own post, but neverless.

possibly the cd drive on bootup is disabled in the bios. bios on a dell is usually F2 or Del. then on boot priority (or some such title) it will show you the available devices. If i remember correctly it shows a tick next to the devices that are enabled - and you can just press space to enable disable a device (i think its space?)

Tim
MCSA, A+, Network+, (damned Brit!).

I FINALLY GOT THE MAKE AND MODEL ON THE COMPAQ IT IS A ARMADA7400 SO IF THEIR IS ANY ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE ME PLEASE DO THANKS KENNY

kenny45 - please don't type in CAPS - its considered shouting.

older Compaqs often used F10 key to access bios - usually have to hit it when white square flashing in top right hand corner of screen.

good luck - if no good, then I've had some success pressing all the keys (or as many as I can) during initial boot - which can cause bios to error and offer a key to access the settings to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back