Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How 2 chg default email program

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkuljian

Programmer
Oct 6, 2000
US
There's got to be a way to change the default email program. I want something other than the two that come with the program. I looked for months now, and just plain give up!
Thanks for any help,
Gregg

To change your default settings in Internet Explorer on which email program it loads you can click on tools internet options click on programs tab...and under email click the down arrow and it will display your choices for your default email service.
Hope that is what you were looking for.

I want to add something other than the two that are already there. I want to use my webmail. Not outlook or hotmail, the two defaults. Thanks for your reply also.
Gregg

When you say your webmail. How do you read that mail right now. What service is it?

Hi Dmasch,
Here's what I want- When I'm on a website and I click the mailto link, I want my webmail to pop up, not outlook express and not hotmail (the two defaults that come with the os). I know there's a way to ad mail programs to the list, I just don't know how to add them. And I think MS has every reason to not help me find out. But that's another story.
Thanks,
Gregg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back