Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HoverButton problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

briglass

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
GB
Hello,

I'm trying to create a HoverButton in FrontPage.

I have done this before, successfully, and I can load that page successfully in FrontPage.

However, when I try to create another HoverButton (on that page, or another one) I have a problem.

When I go to preview the page, the button comes up only as a missing picture block. FrontPage warns me that I should try to save the page; but that does not fix the problem.

Any ideas? (-:

Thanks,
Brian

I have found it is better to make your own links buttons then to use hover buttons. I have numerous problems with them loading to the web. You should be able to put as many as you want on a page. i have had up to 5 on 1 page but then 3-4 dont go through the view pane or to the web. Hope this helps some. Joe

Thanks for the reply,

What do you mean by "make your own links"?

Is it possible to make rollover buttons with FrontPage without using the problematic "hoverbutton"?

Any ideas? Thanks, (-:
Brian

yes, hover buttons are no no's. just make your own hyperlinks. That is what i did on a web site and put them on the top and left shared boarders. This is something with the FrontPage world that hover bottons are no no's.

Mark

Hover Button solution.

I had the same problem as described above. The web page loaded however, hover buttons appeared as failed images.

Inorder to fix this problem I downloaded java virtual machine which solved the problem. It can be found at the link below:

After my computer restarted the hover buttons began functioning as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back