Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hover is a letter off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
if anyone out there can explain this to me i would greatly appreciate it.

i have a CSS style sheet that uses the <A> tag to set the link, visited, active and hover properties of my text. however, random links throughout the site do not respond to the hover property, but they do respond to the other properties. i have found i can make them work by changing one letter in the <A HREF> tag.

for example, this works::
Code:
<TR> 
            <TD bgColor=#cccccc> <A 
            href=&quot;[URL unfurl="true"]http://home.hamptonroads.com/calendar/result.cfm&quot;[/URL] class=&quot;channelLinks&quot;>Local 
              Events</A><BR>
            </TD>
          </TR>

this doesn't::
Code:
<TR> 
            <TD bgColor=#cccccc> <A 
            href=&quot;[URL unfurl="true"]http://home.hamptonroads.com/calendar/results.cfm&quot;[/URL] class=&quot;channelLinks&quot;>Local 
              Events</A><BR>
            </TD>
          </TR>
*note that the &quot;s&quot; in result&quot;S&quot; is not there in the first post. not all are cuased by the letter &quot;s&quot;, but it does seem to be a common cause of the problem

Can't see what your problem would be then. Can you post the CSS scripting? That might be where the problem is.

Do you have a space between .cfm&quot; & class= DeZiner
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember that amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic

i've done it with a space and without. this is my CSS for the links....

Code:
code
/*     -=LINKS=-     */

A:hover {  color: #990000; text-decoration: underline; }
A:visited, A:link {  color: #000066; text-decoration: none; }
A:active {  color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: underline;}

i'm boggled. it is always the url that makes this happen too. i even put the class=&quot;whatever&quot; in front of the url (<A class=&quot;whatever&quot; HREF=&quot; and that worked on some, but not all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back