Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hourly Sales and Labor report

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadang

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2005
US
Ok...When printing a Hourly Sales and Labor Report in the Aloha Manager you want to be able to see what sales are happening in a given hour so they can see what labor dollars are being spent..correct? Will/Can that report show just the sales for that hour only or will it always be accumulative from the opening time?

Thanks again for the help!
B

THe hourly sales and labor report is a great report, we use it a lot.
The sales are shown per hour (but can set it up to a 15-minute interval) and thus are not accumulated.

Be aware though, as stated in RKB 6428, the report uses the time of the first item ordered as the sales moment for all items on the check. Not the moment the check is opened or closed

Index,
Thanks for the input. Can the report just show the hour in question? Like if I have been open since 11am and I want to see how my lunch went can I just see what sales were in the hour of 12pm to 1pm without any sales showing from 11am?

Thanks again for your help

If you want to check hourly sales for the current date of business, I would suggest having a look at the Flash Report from the FOH functions. It will break out your sales and labor into hours and day parts, and your managers will not have to go to the office to run the report as it can be accessed from any FOH terminal.

I do not believe the Hourly Sales and Labor report will do what you are asking. For instance, in the settings for that report, I only checked 11:00am. The report showed sales for the entire day under 11:00am.

zhead,
That is what I thought. I know that you can look at the Flash on the FOH but the manager on site seems to think that he needs to look at it in the office. I see the same thing with the report showing sales for the whole day.

What other choices do you think there are to do a labor/sales type report on an hourly basic? Seems like they should change the name of that report.

Thanks again for your help.

I believe that the Hourly Sales and Labor report will do what you are looking for. Under Settings for this report, put a checkmark next to each hour (8:00am, 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:00am, etc...). When you run the report, it will show your sales for each hour of the day. For example, 11:00am will show sales from 11:00am - 11:59am; 12:00pm shows sales from 12:00pm - 12:59pm. It is not cummulative, so you will see sales for that hour, and that hour only.

If this report is run for the current day (say at 1:15pm), you will get exact sales and labor information for all hours prior to 1:00pm, and you will up to the minute data for 1:00pm through 1:15pm.

Based on what your manager is requesting, this report should suffice. Is there a reason the manager does not want the other hours of the day not showing up on the report?

zahead,
the manager just wants to see a specific time frame. Just like the flash report but in the BOH. He just wants to look at 12pm to 1pm and see what his labor vs sales looks like at that time. He does not want the hours prior to show up in sales/ labor.

gadang,
I don't think you are going to find a canned report in Aloha Manager that will give you what your manager is looking for. There are two options that I can think of:

1) Use Crystal Reports to create a custom report that can be run within Aloha Manager

2) If you use Aloha Enterprise, a simple alert can be set up that will email the hourly sales and labor to the manager every hour.

The challenge here (at least what I believe I am hearing), is that your manager wants to take a report that already gives him the information he needs and eliminate fields from the report. It sounds like he is creating a lot of work for you when he is already getting this information. I may be confused here, so please let me know if I am. I would definitely like to help you find the solution you are looking for.

zahead31
I think I figured out the problem. The store's true opening time was 10:50am. What they were doing was ringing up catering orders and they have employees in for prep work long before the opening time. What I think is happening is that Aloha put the sales on the previous day. I just moved the opening time to 7am so that any labor or sales would be covered on the DOB.

Am I correct in thinking this or am i missing something?

Thanks
B

Are you saying that you changed the opening time in your Store Settings? We have our opening time set at 7:00am as well in store settings, even though we really open at 11:00am. So, I do believe you are correct, that should fix your issue.

Yes that is what I did.

Thank you so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back