Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hou make a filter for use in a Crystal 7 report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBSollero

Programmer
Jan 9, 2003
BR
I’m brazilian and I need your help! Excuse me for my bad english.

How can I make a filter in an Access data base for use in Crystal Report? For example, I have a worksheet with this kind of registers:
ID
Client
Price

I need send to Crystal a table with all registers for the same client (only one client)

I thought in a query like in access data base. I made one but I couldn’t use it on my Crystal because ever appear all registers.

Can you help me?

Another way to pass data to Report viewer is passing it a recordset. The way to create the report is to create a field definition file with ttx extention. a sample ttx file would be:

; Field definition file for table: ADORecordset
Id long 1
Code string 10 string sample value
Description string 50 string sample value
amount currency 1.00
Key string 50 string sample value

Then tie it to a report in the report designer and create your report.

Then when you pass the report file to the activeX viewer you can set some properties and pass it a recordset.

There are some excellent documents and samples on crystal reports web.

Or, tie the report to the ACCESS table.
Then, send a SelectionFormula to the report prior to printing:

Crystal1.SelectionFormula = "{ID} = 123" [/b][/i][/u][sub]*******************************************************
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back