Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOTMAIL....IE wont open mail page???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockers

MIS
Apr 26, 2001
GB
I have just rebuilt a users PC (WIN NT OS sp4)
When they try to open there Hotmail account (using IE5) it comes up with

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

This happens after the user has entered her name and password and hit the sign in button.
Messenger is also not working.

I have tried Hotmail on other machines on the network and it works fine (We use MS Proxy server)

Any ideas????

A bit more info

It also happens when I try and access a online AOL email account??????????? what is missing/corrupt????

Cookies and SSL is enabled

Thanks in advance

I am having this same exact problem with a users PC.

Rockers or anyone: Did you ever solve the problem??

This problem is about to drive me nuts...Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

I have just starting have the same problem as well i can check the account from another pc just fine... just not my home pc... anyone ever find a fix for this problems

One thing I have done to improve the situation is to install both IE 5.5 SP1 and SP2. Also, make sure 128-bit encryption is present. After doing all this the user is able to get into their mail from sometimes which is lots more than never.

YEPPPPIE I fixed the problem.. I think that the problem has to do with 3 files rsabase.dll schannel.dll and rsaenh.dll these file can can stop working correctly... The fix I used was to rename the last file I mentioned from rsaenh.dll to rsaenh.dll.old and the reinstall the broswer... the install of the new broswer will rebuild this file... after the rebuild was done I was able to log into hotmail without anymore problems... u might want to rename all the files and then reinstall the broswer but I would start with rsaenh.dll first.... good luck hope this helps

daone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back