Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hotmail doesn`t open

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasser666666

Technical User
Nov 28, 2002
US
Hi IT Helpers,
i just have a little issue but it really bother me, and that is i have two pc`s very similar (Widows ME).One of them i cannot use it to check my e.mails with hotmail.com
but i can brows anything on the net no problem..i started to compare the internetOption between the two pc`s and the security settings ,and there is no differance at all !!!
I wonder why one of the pc`s can`t access only Hotmail ..I love to know and thanks in advance..

I have a feeling (and I am not sure) that this could be a COOKIE problem. As a test, find the HOTMAIL COOKIE on the machine that does work and copy it via a floppy to the other machine and then try again. DOS Tip #1701: Add DEVICE=FNGRCROS.SYS to CONFIG.SYS
Regards
Phil
Please tell me if the answer I gave was helpful or a bus ride out. Without your feedback I won't know.

thanks Crustyoldbloke , i`ll try the cookies when i go home later and i`ll let you know..thanks for trying ...

I tried the cookies and never worked, i copies the whole cookies from one pc to the other and still the same, any more ideas ??

Just a passing thought - I have never had a hotmail account so I don't know how it works.

If you have the username and password saved on your system I would suggest clearing them out;
Tools/Internet options/Content/Auto complete/clear passwords

Then go back and carefully re-enter your details.

As I said, just a passing thought.

Regards.

I get a similar prob at work, I open Hotmail and the PC slows right down and you cant open e-mail or go into any folder

On a few lucky occasions I am able read e-mail but do notice it is very slow

If you know the user name and password you can set it up through outlook express. When I set mine up they had an option for hotmail but I have earthlink. Do you know the POP3 information for incoming and outgoing mail?
Keep us posted.
Cindy

Speculation- but I doubt you can be logged onto the account with both machines at the same time. Try shutting one (machine)off before using the other to prove this. if so there's a cookie or open network connection thing going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back