Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hotline 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker48

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
Hi all, my company wants to hook up a Hotline, They want to have a phone at the operators desk and another phone at the Fire house, so when the fire panel goes off and shows a fire alarm going off in a building on grounds, the operator just picks up the Red Phone and it rings the other Red phone at the Fire house, I would like to use two analog telephones 2500, I have a Nortel Meridian 1 61C, Software Succesions 4.5, What are the steps to set this up in my PBX, Thank You
Undertaker48[\b]

Your Help Is Greatly Appreciated.
Thank You
Undertaker48

new 500 with a FTR of HOT D nn x...x
n=number of digits and x=the target DN

What do I have to have in cls for Hotline telephone? mnl,htd, mwd, ctd, dtn, fbd, xfa, wta, thfd, fna, ons, lpr, xra, agrd, cwd, swd, rmmd, smwd, lpa,xhd, slkd ccsd, lnd, tvd, cftd, sfd, mrd, c6d, cnid, clbd, autu, icdd, cdmd, llcn, ehtd, mctd, gpua, dpua, cfxd, arhd, ovdd, agtd, cltd, ldtd, ascd, mbxd, cpfa, cpta, ddga, nama, mind, mcrd, exr0, shl, abdd, cfhd, dndy, dno3, usrd, bnrd, ocbd, rtdd, rbdd, rbhd, faxd, cnud, cnad, pgnd, fttc, cdmr

This for a 500 set.

Thank You
Undertaker48

Exactly as Triton101 and tnphoneman posted. Just setup a phone with there post.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

just mnl.. all other cls marks can be left default

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi All, Got it set up for two way ringing, just the way I need it, I have one more question, is there anyway to make it ring continously when the handset is picked up out of the craddle. If yes, how is this done?
Thank You all for your help, it is greatly appreciated, you guys are the best.

Thank You
Undertaker48

Not sure if the other guys know?

the only time I have seen a continues ring, was when the TNs broke and locked it (continues ringing....) but you could not use the phone....

(EXR0) Executive Distinctive Ringing Off 0 edrg-16
EXR1 Executive Distinctive Ringing On 1
EXR2 Executive Distinctive Ringing On 2
EXR3 Executive Distinctive Ringing On 3
EXR4 Executive Distinctive Ringing On 4
The digit indicates which of the four distinctive ringing
tones and cadences defined in LD 56 is to be used. Must
have Executive Distinctive Ringing (EDRG) package 185.

Hi, All,
Acewarlock, is there anyway of testing the Executive Distinctive Ringing 0-4, to see which one I want to use, does this change all the 500 phones ringing or just one 500 phone, is this changed in the tnb of and ext. or in the cdb, been trying to find where to change this so I test,
been in load 56, 16, 17, and ld 21 to prt out cdb, in ld 17 under Parm, hope this helps you to know where I'm at in this process, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Undertaker48

First do you have package 185?

You do this on a per set basis in the CLS

How do I find out what packages I do have on the Meridian 1 61C, it has been a long time since I've tried to look for the packages.

Thank You
Undertaker48

REQ PRT
TYPE PKG

it's usually best to start a new post for a new subject.. it helps others that do a search for the same subject line later

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Acewarlock, yes I have Package 185, hope this helps.

Thank You
Undertaker48

Try it on your own phone, change it in the CLS

best bet and the method a lot of us use before we worry about pkgs.. try to add it to your set... that may be the reason that phones in the switchroom are seldom marked right.. i have a 3904 and a 2616 on my desk, the 16 is auto answer, with a trace key and mik mck keys.. anyone call that number i can do a trac, grab the tn, make changes or answer questions a lot faster...

a few shortcuts can make your job less of a headache

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I changed it the cls on the Hotline phone and they say they are happy with it, so I'm going say we are done, and I want to thank everyone for there help, and I tried to give everyone a star that helped, so if I missed anyone let me know.
John Poole. I wish I had all the short cuts you know, then I could throw away my 1000 count Asprin Bottle, I have for headaches. You guys are the greatest.

Thank You
Undertaker48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back