Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hotline using SIP 3rd party endpoints - CS1000E Release 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ9U

Programmer
Nov 11, 2002
US
Recently we installed a CS1000E, release 7.5, connected to an IP turret system (Avtec Scout). The turret system is essentially a key system. In older setups, the turret system was analog, and we would connect it to the PBX (CS1000M rel. 4) using analog lines. But with the newer implementation, the turret lines interface to the CS1000 using SIP 3rd-party endpoints. In the CS1000, they are programmed in LD 11 as TYPE=UEXT.

On our older setups, we programmed several analog TNs with a HOT D, so that as soon as the operator pressed the turret button, the 500 TN auodialed the preprogrammed number. But in the new implementation, it does not appear that we can assign key 0 as a HOT D, so that function no longer works. Does any one know a way to program the UEXT TN as a hotline, so that if you seize the line, it autodials?

AJ9U can you give me the prt of the TN? I want to see the programming. I am running some Avaya SIP lines here and I have some licenses to mess around with some Third Party SIP lines, so I want to mirror/try to figure this out for ya!

Thanks!

Check out my professional profile and connect with me on LinkedIn.

DES AVTEC
TN 108 0 00 02 VIRTUAL
TYPE UEXT
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
UXTY SIPL
MCCL YES
SIPN 0
SIP3 1
FMCL 0
TLSV 0
SIPU 7502
NDID 3550
SUPR NO
SUBR DFLT MWI RGA CWI MSB
UXID
NUID
NHTN
CFG_ZONE 00033
CUR_ZONE 00033
MRT
ERL 0
ECL 0
FDN
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
SCPW 1234
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTD FND HTD TDD HFD CRPD
MWD LMPN RMMD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDD
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD
AHA DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
VOLA VOUD CDMR PRED RECD MCDD T87D SBMD ELMD
MSNV FRA PKCH MWTD DVLD CROD ELCD
CPND_LANG ENG
HUNT
PLEV 02
PUID
UPWD
DANI NO
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
MLNG ENG
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 7502 0 MARP
01 HOT U 227502 MARP 0
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 16
20 RGA
21 PRK
22 RNP
24 PRS
25 CHG
26 CPN
DATE 12 MAR 2013

Thanks...

You are programming this as an Avaya SIP Line. The SIPL is for Avaya SIP line, if you want it to be the Third Party SIP Lines, you need to program it as a SIP3.

I have tried to do some testing with my SIPL phones, and I am striking out too. I would think you could have an end device made to do this. What kind of phones do they have now? Or are you putting in SIP phone for them? I am just trying to find a work around for you, as it appears the operators just needs a way to call a number. What about speed call keys?

Check out my professional profile and connect with me on LinkedIn.

SIPL UEXT needs the HOT U <Prefix+DN> configured on a key other than 0 for registration with SLG to complete.
programming any other key as HOT does not work.
in Analogue TNs CLS was MNL (Manual) and FTR HOT <digits> <Destination> were configured......nothing like that in the UEXT.
NML CLS not accepted for UEXT

We use AudioCodes MP202 for Analogue services via SIPL (SIP3 not SIPN) and configure hotline functionality in the MP202. Turret may offer similar capability.
e.g For us, in the MP202 under Voice Over IP > Line Settings tab > select the line you want to change. Then select Enable Automatic Dialling. This exposes a couple of extra fields.
Automatic Dialling acts like delayed hotline.
Then change default Automatic Dialling Timout from 5 (default) to 1 to make hotline initiate faster.
Then enter the destination number in the Automatic Dialling destination field. Click OK.
Now looping the FXS (analogue) port on the MP202 initiates a hotline-like call to the destination after 1 second.

Dont you just love SIP......moving the features back to the edge again [ponder]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back