Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOTLINE or Crisis ALERT HELP or any better ideas....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvc57

MIS
Jan 31, 2013
US
I'm a little puzzled on how to go about this[hairpull]
History (Hopefully this makes sense on what I'm trying to accomplish)
We have a Nortel that uses Hotline to our security staff

The Exten to multiple security phones is 450050
The Nortel is setup like this
This is on the Key of the phone HOT D 6 450050 305xxx 0
The 305xxx shows the location of the phone of the emergency to the security Nortel display phone so they can run over to the correct location

We need to do this with the AVAYA and we have SIP and H323 phones installed. We are in the process of getting off the Nortel and this is a Hospital that I'm sure you can imagine the stuff that goes on. So this is a important thing to resolve for us.

I did look up how to setup a hotline but calling from a Avaya phone the display to security will show the users name from the primary line and need to find a way to show the users location like the 305xxx number does on the Nortel. In other words need to setup 305xxx as an alternate identifier. Any Idea??? And thanks in advance!!! Joe

SmokenJoe thanks for the response!! Only issue is the ANI on the primary shows the name of the user ( when pressing the hotline) but would need to setup the building and room number (So Security staff will see the location of the phone and respond) not so sure on how this will be configured. Example:user presses the hotline on the phone it will show the security staff the building and room number and not the User's name on the primary number....I cant change the primary ANI to show the location because that's not what they want.... When making everyday calls they want their name to show but under an emergency and they press the hotline they want security to show the location of the phone. Thanks again for any help you can offer.. Joe

I suppose another way would involve setting up emergency location extensions for each phone and setting that on page 2 of the physical station and name the emergency extension accordingly. This basically doubles the station extensions in your system and you would have to set up AAR routing with a path to the security phones but you could also set them up as crisis alert stations and use the alrt call type. More about that here: [URL unfurl="true"]https://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1202951[/url]

Hopefully you can put together enough pieces to make this work for your scenario. I think you could utilize virtual extensions for the emergency location exts but I'm not certain.

I'll 2nd what Sean's saying.

Say you have 305001 for Joe and 305101 for Building 2 Floor 3 Room 4
305001 would be a regular phone. You'd static IP Joe's phone, or reserve his MAC in DHCP so he always gets the same IP, or have 305101 be relevant to an entire subnet.
Then in your IP network map, that IP range - or single IP would have Emergency Location Extension 305101, so any call of type "alrt" dialed would go out as being 'from that extension'. Trouble is it has to go off switch to get there - like loop out a SM trunk and back in to CM.

Otherwise, if you burn an analog license per phone you need to specify a location for, you could maybe build X ported analog phone 305101, and make it hotline to 450050, and on phone 305001 assign a key as a abrdg-appr of line 1 of 305101 so when that key is selected, it would put the phantom analog phone offhook and dial 450050 from 305101. Just depends how many you have to account for and how much appetite you have to manage the ensuing mayhem.

First of all want to thank you guys Joe, Sean and Kyle for all your help!! I always see you posting solutions and guidance to all on this site and appreciate all the knowledge you offer us that don't have the experience on these products like yourselves.

Kyle I did try the 2nd solution you offered and yes it does work great However most of the phones we have here are ahem! SIP[curse] and it does not work
ABRDGCapture_Files_l4ktfv.jpg

It does work fine using H323. However would of been nice to label the phone right from the screen. Also saw that if you want to make the key silent just go to the Audio Path and change it to from Speaker to Headset. I do want to try the 1st suggestion sometime next week. But your right seems that either path is a Bear to manage. And any phones that need this application might just need to be H323. If you have any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks everyone and a Happy and Healthy 2020!!

what if you use a digital phone - default 6408D+ X ported instead of an analog and use a brdg-appr instead?

I think Hotlines can only be Analog....

Thanks Kyle,
It is enabled And think it wont help if you have SIP according to the feature itself( see below) but a great thought to look at!!

SA8887 - Hotline for IP Telephones

With the SA8887-Hotline for IP telephones feature, IP stations can automatically place a call to a predetermined number inside or outside the PBX when the IP station goes off -hook. This predetermined number is stored in Communication Manager as part of the abbreviated dialing list. Unless prompted for authorization, the hotline user receives calls normally. The term Hotline Station refers to the IP station configured with the hotline feature. The term Hotline Destination is the predetermined number. In Communication Manager Release 6.2 and later, the SA8887Hotline for IP Telephones feature supports overlapped signaling on QSIG trunk.

Note: [highlight #FCE94F]The Hotline feature does not work for SIP endpoints.[/highlight]

Yeah, but I'm thinking that if call-appr 1 of a H323 phone with the hotline feature enabled is picked up, CM will make that call-appr go to the hotline destination - regardless of whether it's a digital or SIP phone with a brdg-appr of btn 1 of the H323 extension :)

Thanks Again for all your help!!! Just one more question Just an fyi Phone was setup as H323 With Abridge Appearance. And it does work Avaya to Avaya but when I try to test it going to the Nortel Option 81 just get the 10 digit number ( And not the location I was trying to send security) any ideas? I'm believing its a setting in the Nortel Thanks to all for all your help!!!

Trace the call. If it uses ARS, it'll be in the public table - list pub/change pub. It'll be the private table if it uses aar.

That's where you control clid for off net calls

Something like 'length 6, ext code 3, for trunk group X, no insert or delete, total can length 6'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back