Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hotline key

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignose21

Programmer
Jul 4, 2003
GB
want to have a dedicated hotline between IPO IP set on a specific key to another PABX, so in CS1K for example you can assign a hotline so it has a number appearance and when the key is pushed it hotlines to the distant end. At the distant end it would appear on the same key that is used to call back the other way.

This is for 11.1.2 and J179 handset.

so for example
Extension/User 1000 with appearances on 1,2 and 3
key 5 number 2000 and if pushed auto dials 2001

Far end PABX is CS1k so Key is "HOT D 4 2000 2001 1" (Hot line D=Direct 4=Length 2000=Destination 2001=DN for incoming 1=CLID Table)

At the moment have it functioning using 2 keys so say 2000 config as a user/no phone
Key 5 coverage for 2000
Key 6 dial 2001

is it possible on one key on IPO?

I guess it is a "No" as nobody even attempted to give an answer.

I could not think of a way even though I have a million scenarios going through my head with Group calls and sending calls to voicemail and then back and forth but it would not ring on that button.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Thanks Westi guess I am sticking with the two keys. We have a couple of emergency control rooms that use this, so sites appear on a specific key labelled with the site name, and can also push it to talk to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back