Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hotline into call pilot Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradcrf

Vendor
May 20, 2004
CA
Opt 11-c and call pilot issue - We have a customer with a lobby phone. When they pickup the phone we have it programmed as a hotline to the company Auto Attendant. You can dial the options in the AA no problem (eg. listen to company hours, etc.) but if you thru dial to an extension it rings once on the extension then a call pilot message comes on and says "your connection cannot be completed at this time" and then it disconnects.
We have put a temporary scr key on the phone and dialed the AA manually. The thru dial works no problem when the AA is accessed this way.
We programmed the hotline to go out to the PSTN and back in and thatworks no problem as well.
Our conclusion is the call pilot is restricting the internal hotline call some how.

thanks in advance
Brad

do you have that option defined as call ext or as a thru dial? that is a unique problem. i may try to duplicate it, what rls is your switch

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The switch is 25.30

The call pilot is 2.02

The script says "if you know the extension please enter is now" right in the home menu they dont pick an option to thru dial.

Brad

I believe your issue is the same one we have, in that you have multiple transfers going on at the same time. The AA is acting as one transfer to that extension, but has not been completed yet by the AA. When you select a set to call, a second transfer, via voicemail, is being attempted. The PBX is not able to transfer a call that is in the process of being transferred.

We have the same problem one a few occasions here, with the same results in Meridian Mail. I was hoping Call Pilot would be better, but I do believe your issue is with multiple, simultaneous transfers.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

It may be that internal hotline calls cannot be transfered. For a test point the hot line on the lobby phone to another telephone set, establish a call, and try to transfer it to another telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back