Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hotel suites on SV9100

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdave1980

Systems Engineer
Dec 18, 2017
GB
Hi,

One of our hotel customers has asked about programming hotel suites on their NEC SV9100, as some of their rooms have 3 or even 4 phones in them. They want to be able to call the main extension for a given room and have it ring on all of the phones within that room simultaneously. All of the room phones are SLT extensions. I have explored various options I could think of:

- Creating a department group for each suite/room and adding all 3 or 4 phones to the relevant group, stripping the extension number from one of those phones and setting it as the department group pilot, replacing it with a spare extension number.

- Taking the number off one of the extensions, creating a virtual extension with that number, then setting a virtual key to ring on the relevant SLT phones in the room (not sure if that even works on SLT's though) OR pointing the virtual number at a loopback which points at a new ring group containing the relevant phones.

- Using tandem ringing, although that only seems to be able to pair 2 phones and not 3 or 4, unless cascading is possible but I doubt it.

But things are getting a bit over complicated, I feel. Is there not a way of doing this more simply on the NEC systems? I have a little experience with Mitel systems for example, and on those I would just create a personal ring group for each room/suite. A colleague of mine was sure that there is a similar feature on NEC systems but so far I've been unable to find anything. Is there anything that anyone can suggest as a better alternative to what I've listed above please?

Thanks!

Hey bigdave1980. Why not just loop them all together on the block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back