Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hotel suite reroute to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

actswitch

Programmer
Jun 22, 2007
GB
Hi Teksters,

I'm probably doing something stupid here, as this should be easy but.....

I have set up hotel rooms in this manner, Room 25 has 2 extensions 5425 and 5525. Both extensions in Suite Group 7025 with immediate ring and voicemail set to yes. Next I went to the Call ReRouting Assignment to point the Suite Group to embedded voicemail, but 7025 is not there.

Does anyone know how to send a Suite pilot number to embedded voicemail, I can't believe it's not allowed.

Thank you in advance for your help.

All I ever wanted to do was climb telephone poles - where did it all go wrong?

From the help files.....:
"When a call is forwarded to voice mail from a Suite Extension, the Suite Pilot number becomes the mailbox identifier. Message waiting indication is enabled or disabled on all room phones configured for message waiting. A message can be retrieved and deleted from voice mail using any Suite Extension."

Thanks for replying so quickly Wireman50. I've discovered that if I call forward the first member of the Suite Group to vm then the Suite pilot number is also diverted to voicemail. Trouble is I'm going into the extensions mailbox and not the Suite pilot numbers one, which goes against everything it says in the help files.

Oh well, onwards and upwards...

Suused it!! Ticked the "enable shared telephone service" box and I now go into the Suite mailbox.

They really don't pay me enough.

[wiggle] I'm so proud.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back