Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOT_D Tracking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaxx

Technical User
Jun 10, 2003
CA
Hi,

Maybe someone has some idea. We have several outdoor emergency sets in booths in our parking lots. These sets are HOT_D to our security office DN. Now every spring when things get mild security start getting phantom calls from one or more of the outdoor sets. We suspect that it maybe just one defective set being affected possible by the humidity. The problem is that I’m having a hard time figuring out which of these sets is the culprit. I tried looking at our call records (ICM) but to no avail. They come up blank, and I suspect that it's because of the hot_d function. The set is not actually the one doing the dialling. Does anyone have any idea how I may be able to track which phone is doing the calling?

Verify Autodial (clips) assigned for dial out.

You could place a TRC key on the Security Office phone and tell them to press it when they get a mystery call.

CLS MCTA and the KEY TRC.

When it is pressed, the TTY will log the source TN.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

Does the phone in your security office have a display on it? If not - upgrade the phone to a display model. The parking lot phone's DN/CPND should show up on it.

Or are they all bridged to the TN or do they share the same DN? If that's the case - you'll want to split it out so each phone has a unique TN and DN (and a CPND with the location of the phone).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back