Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hot toconnect to AAU2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimpsta

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2007
BG
i have AAU22 board but i can`t connect to the serial COM4 PORT - i try HYPER TERMINAL and TERATERM - the board indicates with the green led that i`m in connection , but on my window i cant tipanything i dont see the "$". Please suggest any software that i propably need. also can u give me the full tutorial for SNMP MANAGEMENT for ALARMS VIEW?
tHANK u!!

Hi,
Here is note from Alex. This may be your answer:
"COM4 can be used as a regular com port after it is enabled with the config command, HW flow control is not possible on COM4."

Another notefrom ALEX :
COM4: Serial communication to PC or terminal (console) (no flow-check). May be used
for local configuration. It can be set not to print the configuration parameters, thus being available for applications, e.g. tncom (Telnet to V.24).

Can i Config on another com or only com4 is for first connection. Is there any default setting for ethernet port??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back