Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hot to reboot a phone ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizbon

MIS
Jul 9, 2002
US
Ok for the life of me i can not get a phone to reboot with out doing the mute reset or unpluging the dang thing is there a way to do this. i have tried busy out and reset ip-phone io-adress and still nothing. i am trying to pushout a new 46xx update on selected phone as we go is there a way to do this or should i just bite the bulet and walk the building doing the mute reset that is a lot of phone for one guy there has to be an easyer way.

BUSY STAT XXXX and REL STAT XXXX

or

RESET IP-STATIONS

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

TRY ALSO PRESSING THE "MUTE" BUTTON AND THEN TYPE :
R E S E T # on the keypad. That should also work

tried both of those and they will not cause a file down load a mute reset will but i have 600 phone to do that to and i dont want to walk around to all of them. there has to be some way to do it

Send an email to the users and have them do it.

The BUSY/RELEASE is what I've always used to push the latest firmware file out to the phones. LIST REG will show you the firmware on the phones. Are you downloading firmware or a changed 46XXSETTINGS.txt file?

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

all new firm whare going for 2.4 to 2.6

It should work; don't know why it's not. Send out the email and track the progress with the DISP REG command.

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back