Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hot Desking Feature 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

giantman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2004
US
Afternoon. Anyone out there have any experience with "hot desking " and how it functions on an Option 11c and a 61c ?

Many thanks.

define "hot desking".. the only hot command i use is hot key

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John,

Where multiple people can use one office or cubicle and the same phone. Users would enter an FFC code and the phone would take the attributes of their extension.

no, except for set auto relocate, i haven't ran into that. and relo was a problem back in 16 or so and no one has talked about it much

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

CISCO CALL MANAGER WILL DO THAT BUT NORTEL WILL NOT

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

if you use static ip's on the nortel voip, it will do that.. but that is a memory test.. and a nortel voip dynamic would allow any person that walks in an office to plug in their personal set and retain dn's and features

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

do not, I repeat do not ASR to achieve this. You will be very sorry if you do - sets stuck in s/w etc, continual sysloads, INIs etc

agree with that, i haven't tried to use it since rls 16, wdhb. have you tried it since then?.. haven't ever found a place that used it and got by with it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

For 'HotDesking" to work in Meridian you need either MAX or Symposium. With either of them you can use HotDesking via HSL on MAX or via Elan in Symposium.

Have you tried out virtual office...??

i2007

Nortel has 2 option for "hot desking"

1. Virtual Office
2. Hot Desking

Basically the features are the same.

Virtual Office is for the M3903 and M3904. You program a M3903/M3904 Host (3903h/3904h) on a normal TN. Than you program a M3903/M3904 virtual (3903v/3904v) on a digital phantom loop.

With a FFC (VTLN) you can login using FFC + SCPW + DN. To logout FFC (VTLF) + SCPW + DN.

This function works great I have a customer where ALL Sets are Host/Virtual.

The second option (Hot desking) is basically the same, but you use it with IP Sets (I2004). You can do the same as with virtual office, but you can also login in an other office (CDP and Sig. Servers. required).

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

big star for me, i have set that up in class, not a very bug fan of voip. very seldom the best solution at my site. i am a fan of soft sets, cisco. they would save a ton of time, to bad users hate them

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Does anyone know how to set up the M3900 Virtual Office for ACD sets? I've been trying for days with no success. When I try to program key 0 as an ACD on my Host set, I get an error which states that this featrue is not supported. The Nortel NTP's suggest that you can use virtual office on ACD phones. I've opened up a case with Nortel almost a week ago and they have not been able to help.

don't think i would attempt acd in a remote office, tow many ways to corrupt the data base and way to much bandwidth required. nortel a few rls's back didn't support acd in even a carrier remote.. if the feature is not supported, you need a patch, surprised that nortel has taken that long, but they arn't the same support they were 10 years ago

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Actually it's not the Remote Office product. I am referring to the Virtual Office feature. Virtual office allows a user to log into a phone and have their persosnal DN/key assignments follow them. The NTP's give a lot of information on the feature if you are using IP sets, but not much info if you are using M3900 sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back