Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hot Desk User - Automatic Timer/Log Out? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

acskmk

Programmer
Apr 26, 2011
US
Hello. Does anyone know if there is a way to set a timer to automatically log off a hot desk user on the MCD 3300 6.0 SW? We have a unique situation in that we are using the IP Device Only which is a locked set that cannot dial anything other than 911. It is a remote location that is open to the public and we have an instructor that uses the phone to hot desk into from time to time. The instructor is provided with full telephony service so we need to make sure that they are logged out when they leave and I don't want to have to do it manually/remotely each day. Appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks

you can logout users via the scheduler , cant remember if it can only be one or whether its a log out all

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

and due to an endless stream of MiCollab , MiCC issues
Life would be simpler If only they tested products properly before releasing them .....

Thank you Billz66! I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

Yes. Its activity parameter is All/External or Internal but that would have been a great way to do it automagically:)

How about changing his COR/COS to a more restricted one when system is in night mode

-

Life would be simpler If only they tested products properly before releasing them .....

Its a 24/7 operation but thank you for the reply!

In the class of service there is an inactivity timer that will lock the phone which by default it is 0 (disabled).
That said, it may not be the desired result.

Thank you Waldosworld! I think that will work out well even though it may be painful for the user to have to log back in to the set every so often (since it is 1-60 minutes) I'll just tell them if you wish to use the phone you will need to log in:)

After testing the inactivity timer, all I am seeing is the display on the set go to a screen saver when the timer expires. It does not prevent me from dialing from it however nor does it log me out. Do you suppose there is another setting that needs to be changed to enable the locking of the device?

Here is the description which appears to elude to the fact that enabling this timer would protect against unauthorized use?

Activity Timer

Locks the phone if idle longer than the timer value to protect against unauthorized use. Enter a value from 1 to 60 minutes or 0 (zero) to disable the timer and keep the phone from locking due to inactivity. If enabled, the timer also turns off or dims (as determined by the Backlighting Enabled COS option) the phone's backlight.

The timer applies to 53xx series phones only.

For hot desk users, the timer applies to the mobile directory number (DN), not the registration (phone) DN.

Activity on the phone includes, but is not limited to, the following:

User presses any key

User goes off hook

User touches the screen on a 5360

Any audio playback, including listen to music on hold. (Use of the Music feature to play audio while the set is idle is considered inactive time.)

NOTES

If the User Inactivity Timer is enabled, it overrides the Screen Saver timer.

Enabling the timer removes options for configuring the screen saver application on 5330, 5340, and 5360 IP Phones.

Did you try the scheduler?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

@KwbMitel..I did try the scheduler and I think it is a great feature but it appears you cannot set this up on an individual DN..the options are all/external/internal. That would force us to log out everyone on the MCD which would wreak havoc on the user base. Unless... I can setup an external hot desk user? I assume though that the external refers to EHDU which is just for the old dynamic extension for use with mid call features on the cellular/smart mobile device correct?

I went ahead and set it up as an external hot desk user and set the schedule..we'll see if it works. Thanks kwbMitel:)

BINGO! That worked. Thanks a ton kwbMitel!! This is awesome and your the best:)

Give BillZ66 the credit, before this post, I didn't know about this ability.

The direction you took with External was what I would have suggested. Glad it worked.

Might cause issues down the road though if you ever need EHDUs for the traditional purpose.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

My apologies!! Yes. Thank you Billz66 Much appreciated!

No problems glad to be of help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back