Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hot CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

elziko

Programmer
Nov 7, 2000
GB
I want to write some simple cod ethat will make my CPU as hot as possible. Sounds strange, I know, but anyone got any suggestions?

elziko

Yep, it does sound strange, but everyone has their reasons. I'm kinda new to all of this VB stuff, but can't you just make a simple app and put it in a never ending loop until you stop it?? Rob
Just my $.02.

Never Ending loop would just bomb. GP error eventualy. Brad,
Hey! email me any time! Bradsvb@yahoo.com

Why don't you try a program called BurnIn Test made by Passmark, it tests all hardware from memory to hard drives in an infinate loop. It does tests like 2d graphics, 3d graphics, memory reading and writing, hard drive reading and writing, math functions and various CPU functions. That should get the cpu pretty hot. Best Regards,
Nathan Martini
Advanced Computer Solutions

I have found that the MS game Age of Empires (demo version on the W98 CD) heats the CPU right up. I have an ABIT KT7A motherboard with a Via KT133 chipset and an Athlon 850 Thunderbird. It came with a hardware monitoring utility that shows the CPU temp. As soon as Age of Empires is started the CPU usage gets pegged as per Sysmon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back