Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOSTMIB.NLM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2002
ZA
Hi,

Can anyone tell what function the HOSTMIB.NLM has on a Netware 5 Server ??

I would like to know because, at Backup each morning, all modules are unloaded on our main Application Server in order for a clone to be completed.

As soon as thats done, then all modules are re-loaded again.
That is when I get the following error message.
"Unable to load HOSTMIB.NLM"

The only way to load the NLM is to reset the server, and it loads fine, with no problem.

I don't want to reset the server each morning, I would like to have a trouble free backup each morning..

Regards,
GrandMaster_S
CNA 5.1
MCSE NT4
MCSA; MCSE W2K
==============
We cannot see the future. We cannot change the past. We can only live in the now with an eye towards gaining enough power in the future.

HOSTMIB.NLM is a Management NLM. Do you run Managewise or some sort of Management software on your server? Do you get any errors on bootup? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Yes, we are running Managewise ??
My question is, why does it work on All otner Netware servers except the main Application server. GrandMaster_S
CNA 5.1
MCSE NT4
MCSA; MCSE W2K
==============
We cannot see the future. We cannot change the past. We can only live in the now with an eye towards gaining enough power in the future.

You could try reinstalling Managewise or (re)applying your latest service pack?? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back