Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hosted solution 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebtj

Technical User
Dec 12, 2008
This is more of an in general pbx question, but i am curious of anyone's thoughts on a vendor hosted solution.

pros/cons

also what types are there and what is a general price range.

Well, Centrex < was the original "Hosted Solution"

The idea is good. Your capital costs are lower, but your recurring expense is higher. The decision on which was to go is often made in the CPA's office, since it has to do with comparing expenses, capital costs, lease, term commitment length, staffing needs, space, etc.

I think we've asked you this question 3 or 4 times now, with no answer? "How many phones are you talking about". If you have 10, the cost per phone will be high. If you have 10,000, the cost per phone will be low. There, that's the general price range

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | CS1000 Programming and Feature Guides | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

we have approx 2000 phones.

The first place I would call is the Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier (ILEC). Isn't that Verizon in your area?

Then, the call the largest Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC)

The CLEC pricing will be the most competitive, but the downside is they may not be making enough money to be around long.

Other cost issues to consider include delay in making changes, level of access you have to make the changes, cost of making changes.

Log into your system and use LD81 with the "CNT" and "DATE" command with "FEAT SETS" and you can see the number of software changes you have made over a period of time.

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | CS1000 Programming and Feature Guides | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back