Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hosted Exchange providers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

derf238

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2004
US
We are looking into hosted Exchange for a 25 user company. For various reasons the review has come down to a choice between 3 providers. They are: Appriver, Hostway and IT Solutions
Any feedback on these service providers is appreciated.
Thanks in advance

We tested Microsoft Online Solution and it was not pretty. Their spam filtering sucks, in that you can only get a spam summary once every three days. This is unacceptable to my firm. I also tried to add an outbound signature template to outbound email and they could not figure it out for me, after two months they told me they cannot handle the request. We are looking at building in house now.

If your company does not have a lot of tweaks that need to be done on the Exchange server, then Microsoft online might work. It is very cheap, only 5 bucks a user for email only.

Microsoft Online won't allow you to use public folders unless you have more than 5000 mailboxes though. They want you to use SharePoint instead. If you are content just using the SharePoint website, your experience might be ok, but if you would like to do everything in Outlook and sync Outlook to SharePoint folders and lists, you are going to be very unhappy as I was and am.

Dave Shackelford MVP
ThirdTier.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back