Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Host network error in Micros 3700 when batching CC's 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2006
US
Hello all, I have searched the forums, but have come up empty. Here is my issue. Running Micros 3700 v 3.1 A couple of weeks ago, I replaced the NTWS machine and now I cannot settle the credit card batches. I get a message ( Host Network Error) after it submits the records. I have ensured that all the settings in the CA/EDC Drivers (VSST) part of the Configurator are identical to the old computer, but to no avail. Any assistance would be helpful. Thanks a bunch!

Eric

Eric,

I usually export/import the whole CCS key from the registry instead of copying the settings in the configurator. It sounds like you've already got a batch or two of new CC transactions so unfortunately its too late for that now.

Here are a few thoughts though.

Where the new transactions run and batched on the live driver? I've seen, firsthand sadly enough, an entire day's worth of CC's rung in and batched on the demo driver or in demo mode. They choke pretty well when you try a transfer.

Do you have the same CC Driver version on both machines? If they're different and you have an unsettled batch in the database from the old machine it'll tank when you try to transfer.

If your new server was loaded from scratch, as opposed to an image taken from the old one, you may be running into a batch sequence overlap problem. For some CA/EDC drivers, in addition to the driver setup settings the registry holds data that keeps track of batch numbers and settlement status.

You may have to get MerchantLink involved. Sometimes a bad auth or card number will cause flakey problems on the processor side. MLS can monitor incoming transfers and narrow it down to the record causing the problem. You can then omit it from the batch and rering it.

Good luck.

Pmegan, thanks for the help. Yesterday I called a guy I know at Micros and he sent me newer drivers and this morning I installed it and viola! the batches settled. Hooray! Thanks a ton. Good call on export/import of that reg key, great for future reference.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back